Photobucket

Monday, August 30, 2010

What's under the paper?

It's amazing what a wonderful time can be had with the simplest resources. Today Lily, Grace and Mya were interested in the shredded paper I had out in the clam shell. When I suggested they climb into the clam shell there was no asking them twice!! They soon covered themselves with paper and with a little help from me (Kerry) were covered from head to toe. It looked so interesting when they wriggled and then popped up - It was as if some creatures were hatching out of eggs in a giant nest! What a surprise (and a relief) it was when the girls popped up! Mathew, Connor and Callum saw what was happening and were keen to have a turn. What a wonderful, joyful experience!

5 comments:

  1. It was so funny when the girls jumped out of the paper! Love Room 9

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paper clam thing! I'm so glad I did this before my last day at Kindy. Thank-you Kerry for such a fun game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree-such a simple game. It's amazing how the three kids could fit in the clam shell! We occasionally do this with our U2 kids and they absolutely love it! Should do it more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great how such simple things are often the most fun!

    ReplyDelete