Photobucket

Monday, June 15, 2009

You have four legs Raelene!


Joel I am always impressed with your in depth thinking and processing of the world around you and today was no exception! I was showing you a picture one of the children had drawn for me and commented on the amount of legs I had in it. You were very quick to point out that I looked like an octopus and I have to agree that I kind of did. When I asked you if I really had that many legs you said "No you only have four". Four I replied! don't you mean two and began counting them...one, tw.. I was half way through counting when you quickly interrupted me to say that I have two and my baby has two so that makes four. How gorgeous Joel, I really hadn't looked at it that way, but how impressive it was that you were able to process the concept on a completely different level and challenge my perspective. It's not long now til my baby will be here and I can't help but wonder if you will agree that I'll be back to two legs once the baby is out of my tummy. It would be interesting to have this same conversation again in a few weeks. I have shared this story with a number of my family and friends and they all think you're pretty clever too :-).
Raelene

2 comments:

  1. Joel can be quite adament about things he feels he is right about. Thanks for the post Raelene the posts about Joel and the activities at kindy are very much valued by my husband and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous story and thanks to Raelene for sharing it with us - Nana and Grandad just love reading the kindy blog to see what fun Joel and his friends have at kindy.

    ReplyDelete