Photobucket

Friday, April 24, 2009

Only three more sleeps


Can you believe it ... it is only three more sleeps till we are back at kindergarten. Yeah, I hear the parents say!
As I go to write this I see we have reached 10,000 hits on the blog. How cool is that!
Well, the bathroom is complete. awe have spent the day washing, vacuuming and putting things back where they belong. There are a few changes. You will have to see if you can spot what they are.
Kerry is in Italy. The conference is complete and she is starting her travels.
Althea and Kathie (above) will be job sharing her position. Althea will be working the first 10 days as Kathie is off to walk the Queen Charlotte Track. We look forward to a full and creative term. We are So excited to have procured the services of Steve Mackay. Steve works with wood and will be working with the morning children on a Tuesday morning. Next Monday (4th May) the morning children and the teachers will be swapping kindergartens with the children from Cascades kindergarten ... sounds like fun. See you next week.

9 comments:

  1. Do you think Steve know's how to make Bird Houses? Archie says that if he doesn't he will show him how if he'd like? I've got photos too.
    Yes, we are looking forward to Tuesday's!
    10,000 hits! YAHOOO and congratulations.
    This is such a cool blog, I just can't keep off it!!
    Thanks again. See you Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bronwyn, how many sleeps until the kindy trip?
    I am very excited. This is my first kindy trip. I hope we are going on a bus.
    I love kindy. I wish I lived at kindy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like another busy term ahead! Have a wonderful time at Cascades Kindergarten! They have a cool sandpit and an exciting jungle outside! I'm so jealous that you guys get to work with Steve, he's so amazing, I love the way he listens to the children and uses their ideas so respectfully!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly is looking forward to Monday at kinday. She wants to make a baby cot for the new baby. Do you think Steve can do that?
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool - Steve is great. He used to do his woodwork magic with the children at the Kindy Marieke's brother went to. Sounds like Steve will be busy - birdhouse, cot.... :-)

    Marieke is looking forward to Kindy too. Roll on Monday! She thinks going to visit another Kindy will be cool.

    Kerry - hope that your travels are going well!!!!

    Cheers, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow so many great ideas, bird houses, baby cots i love it. we'll just have to have a little think about what we need and do some drawings, get some tools out and have FUN with different ideas.

    I am soooo looking forward to making things at botany downs. See you Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joel asked ... Steve, do you make guns ... machine guns? Today I made a pistol with an aimer and now I want to make a machine gun. I would like to make a parrot too. Cause I want a parrot to sit on my shoulder. I need to make a cage for him too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Joel....we could do all sorts of guns. i like those enormous ones that they used to use for knocking down castles they were great. I really like the idea of a parrot though or any other bird...maybe we could find a way to make it fly around the kindy. now that would be cool. anyway i'll see you in the morning and we can chat about all sorts of things we can make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just remembered joel have a look at this woodpigeon that I heped a friend to make once http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephenmackay/sets/72157616865407367/show/ i know its not a parrot but you maybe you get the idea

    ReplyDelete