Photobucket

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mia draws our attention to St Davids Day


Mia, how excited you were as you arrived at kindergarten with a bag full of goodies from Wales.  "My Mum is from Wales,"  you announced.  I guess that makes you half Welsh, doesnʻt it?  March 1st is St Davidʻs Day.  St David is the patron saint of Wales.  a little while back we had a boy at kindergarten called Jac, and he was half Welsh.  He shared some of the history with us but we have to admit that we just didnʻt remember about it this year.  Just as well you reminded us.  You would think that it is a date that I might remember as I have a Welsh name ... Bronwyn.  I am going to try and remember this date next year.  Thanks for sharing with us Mia.  This is how we learn about different parts of the world.

2 comments:

  1. You make Mum so proud Mia. Well done for sharing your news with kindy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miaʻs voice ... "when I was really little I went to wales. Itʻs really far away. I slept in the car. I saw my aunty Lisa and Cora. Lisaʻs a Mum and Coraʻs a big girl.

    ReplyDelete